Rehab vs Iboga Treatment
14th January 2017
14th January 2017
Rehab vs Iboga TreatmentAddiction is increasingly common in the world we live in. There may be some confusion for those seeking help whether to undergo the traditional rehab or choose an alternative treatment option such as ibogaine. This article explains why ibogaine offers a better chance for anyone who wants to start a new life.
Why rehabs don't work?
- One of the fundamental assumptions of 12 step programmes is the belief that addiction is an incurable disease and lifetime issue. People attending in the meetings have to introduce themselves as an addict as if it is the main characteristic of their personality which they will never escape from.
- Rehab is a time of reinforced sobriety that uses talking therapies to fix a biological and medical problem – an imbalance in brain function. Contemporary neuroscience shows that the brain of an addict has damaged receptors. An effective addiction therapy must address this neurological issue.
- Talking therapies don’t address cravings and withdrawal; they only convince people that craving is something they will have to deal with for the rest of their life, since addiction is ultimately an incurable disease that must be managed.
- Some people don’t like the idea of using a drug like ibogaine to treat the “disease” of addiction. However, doctors prescribe drugs to cure other diseases, so there appears to be a logical inconsistency. Ibogaine is the only single-dose medicine which rebalances brain chemistry and removes withdrawals and craving at once.
Why iboga treatment works?
- drugs or alcohol, which are withdrawal symptoms and craving. Ibogaine retreat offers a real chance for anyone who seriously wants liberation from their addiction. It effectively addresses the most difficult aspects of quitting
- Ibogaine treatment resets key brain receptors which have become imparied through substance abuse. Ibogaine also resets the central nervous system back to its pre-addiction state, allowing for successful recovery.
- The deep meditative state which is part of ibogaine treatment allows the patient to address the psychological and emotional aspects of their suffering. Every addiction is a response to emotional or even physical pain. Ibogaine allows you to access and address the psychological root cause of drug dependence.
- The meditative state that ibogaine induces allows you to see past events from a different perspective and offers a sense of closure and release. On a psycho – emotional level, ibogaine treatment offers an understanding and healing of buried old wounds. Patients are finally able to forgive themselves and others and move on towards a new, healthier and happier life